This celebrates products or services in sports which have been created using sustainable and innovative technology or solutions that serve sustainability within work executed by sports organizations.
Judges review entries on the following criteria
- What need does the technology aim to meet or resolve
- How was the technology developed
- Evidence that supports claims of the technology’s sustainability throughout manufacture, packaging, shipping and sale
- The entry can cover an entirely new concept or the development of an existing process or product to provide a sustainable approach
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)
Here’s some more information on why it has been included in this year’s Sports Technology Awards.
Sustainability is undoubtedly now a global concern in every facet of our lives, including sport, which is why it is exciting that so many sporting brands are taking important steps to reduce the environmental impact they make.
There are genuinely innovative, tech-led initiatives emerging throughout the sports sector and this category celebrates those which are leading the way in terms of sustainability.
The Sustainability category will be judged by experts with outstanding knowledge of and passion for making environmental practices better within sports.
The work which made the shortlist is invariably world-class and visionary, so we are excited to be showcasing this at the Sports Technology Awards ceremony. This will take place on 12 May 2022.
Past winners include… Galvin Green.